Sunday, July 1, 2007

10 out of 10

My friend gave me a book not too long ago called "One Thing you Can't do in Heaven" by Mark Cahill. It is a GREAT book and I recommend it to every Christian out there! The one thing that we will not be able to do in Heaven is witness to non-believers. This has been weighing on my heart since I started reading this book. Then today in church, our message was on witnessing. I feel that God keeps bringing this up to me for a reason. In Mark's book one of the things he says is "10 out of 10 people die". It is going to happen. If you have life...then you will also have death. Another question in the book he asks is "If you were to die tonight...do you know where you would spend eternity?" E-T-E-R-N-I-T-Y.........................forever. In 2 Corinthians 5:10 it says, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad". Believers and non-believers will stand before Jesus one day in judgement. Believers will hear "well done my good and faithful servant" and non-believers will hear "away from Me, for I never knew you". It is SO important (eternally important) for one to figure out where they will be either the day that Jesus returns to get His children or the day that they die. Read the newspaper....today could be the LAST chance you have to know where you will stand for eternity. Salvation is easy....Believe (death-burial and resurrection of Jesus), Receive (pray for him to come into your heart and be Lord of your life) and Repent (turn away from your sins and live a new life in Jesus). If you have any questions please ask me or any other Christian you may know.

In Christ's Love,
Brandi

1 comment:

Bev Bailey said...

Hi Brandi

This is my first blog ever!

I have been thinking of you and Braeden and I will keep you in my prayers - I just want to send you a note of encouragement

Reading your blog got me thinking about my 20s and 30s - I think it took me an unusally long time to be comfortable with where God planted me - the more I struggled and tried to change things the harder it was. I know life's circumstances can be frustrating, but you are on the right track - trusting the Lord- just "being still" is the best!

I hope that makes some sense ---

I hope Braeden's asthma is in decline -- Matt had that same problem until he had his tonsils and adenoids out --- don't know if that is always the case or if it was just a Matt thing.

Braeden's name comes up often at our house --- things he used to say and do that makes us smile. He has definitely left a stamp on my heart.

Miss you --Bev