Sunday, August 9, 2009

An Update and a Science Lesson

It has been quite a while since I have last blogged. The thing is...I REALLY like blogging, but it is just very hard to find the time and/or make the time these days. For some strange reason, I just don't have the same skills that Zach from Saved by the Bell had where he said "freeze" and the whole world would stop while he figured something out.....or in my case...blogged. So frustrating!

I guess I should start with an update. Things here are good. :) Danny moved to Indiana the weekend of May 28th. He initially moved to Vincennes (sp?) and lived with his family-which was 2 hours away. We were seeing each other every weekend-he would come stay here either at my friends' (Amy and Randy) house or my parents house. However, recently he got a job here and now actually is renting a room at Amy and Randy's. It is working out well. :) I have enjoyed him being closer. Things between he and I are good. I tell ya though, it is hard to have a new relationship when there is a child involved. Braeden and Danny get along well and they both love each other. It is sweet to hear Braeden tell Danny he loves him and Danny to respond with "I love you too buddy". That is the easy part. :) The hard part is figuring out how to "date" and get the time we need, involve Braeden (which we do A LOT of), for Danny to "understand" kids and how they "operate" (he has joined the crash course). I am finding how different and probably difficult it is for someone to come into a relationship where there is a child and not have had that child grow up with you being involved in his life. Danny is learning. He went from being a "bachelor" with no kids to a family life. And while it is a challenge, we are working out the kinks and keeping God the center and things are going well. It takes a lot of communication, patience, give and take, prayer, guidance, and more communication!!!! :) I think it has been a positive experience overall.

Braeden is growing like a WEED!!!! He turned 5 on the 29th. I can't believe it. He starts Kindergarten on Tuesday. I can't believe it! And yet again, it is football season!!! His practices start tomorrow...flag football that is. He is so pumped!!! Where does the time go?!?!? He is so full of life and excitement. I am so blessed to be his mommy!!!!! :)

On to the "science lesson"....today in Sunday School we learned about laminin. Laminin is a protein within the body that essentially exists to keep everything in your body in place. It holds everything together. The very cool thing is that yes, laminin is what holds everything together in your body. The parralel to this is that Christ is Who holds everything together in my life. Without Him, I would be lost. Guess what the molecular structure of Laminin looks like?????

Isn't that COOL!?!?!? I think it is very interesting. :)


No comments: